12 December 2013

Save A Life: Winter Gala



December 6, 2013 - Save a Life: Winter Gala.

You've most likely heard about the typhoon that hit the Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan, also known as Typhoon Yolanda - last month. It is said to be the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record, killing at least 6,000 people. Until now, they are still in the process of recovering and Christmas is right around the corner! So the Motives team "Beautinnout" partnered with Youth in Action Toronto to organize a fundraising event in relief for typhoon Haiyan's victims in the country.



I had the opportunity to participate by being one of the models for Motives cosmetics team. I'd say it was a pretty intimate event due to the lack of attendees. It was still fun though. It was great to meet new and old friends while I was there. And of course, we've celebrated in raising a fairly huge amount to donate to the Philippines.

I've also been asked to do a mini fashion show for the said event. I put together a total of five outfits. It was really cool because I was able to be creative with my own clothes and showcase it. Sadly, I didn't get to take photos since I was also modelling for my "lookbook" and my camera wasn't participating during the night.



I had an amazing time catching up with one of my good friends, Roselyn. She is such a great person and fun to be with. I could tell she really loves her job and I'm sure you'll be very successful with your business. Looking forward to collaborating with your team in the future! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment