28 February 2014

Diagonal Stripes



"I am so over this winter!" I believe I speak for everyone with that statement. Good thing is, the days are now getting longer. We've been enjoying the sun for at least 12 hours now. I'm glad no more sunset at 4PM!

About three weeks ago, my sister and I went to see Les Miserables at the Princess of Wales Theatre in Toronto. It was a breathtaking production indeed. With superb actors, phenomenal singing, and stage presentation, definitely worth every penny.



It was such a gloomy weather that day. Cloudy skies. Wet snow falling. And the worst part is, the slush, icy, slippery sidewalks. Still didn't stop us from attending the show. So since it was raining and snowing at the same time (thus the wet snow), I wore my hooded wool coat to keep my hair from getting wet!



As you can tell, I have a bit of a favouritism with stripes this season. Especially black and white. I feel like it adds crispiness to an outfit while staying casual. To break both stripes from the jacket and the top, I threw on an ivory cotton blazer as another layer. This makes the prints less overwhelming.

Mixing textures isn't as challenging as mixing patterns, as long as the garments balance out each other. For this outfit, I put together a boucle diagonal striped jacket with a jacquard monochrome pant. The heaviness of the jacket is being toned down by the lightweight bottom. I kept it minimal by wearing black accessories.

jacket Soia & Kyo | blazer Urban Outfitters | top Zara | bottom Dynamite
bag Michael Kors | boots Urban Outfitters | necklace Forever 21

3 comments:

  1. yes that's complete post..i ahead you are accepting a adequate database for that all...this adeptness be helpfull for both of us...thanks so much.
    Single Bell Systems in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love that jacket on you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bag and coat, so pretty!
    www.lavishingg.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete