18 November 2015

PHOTO DIARY | Travel Alone - LA Day 2



Like I've mentioned in my previous post, I was in bed at around 10PM. I tried so hard to stay up until at least midnight but did not work out so well. I probably was fast asleep an hour later. So jet lag continued as I started the next day at 6AM Pacific Time. What's a girl to do? BREAKFAST !!!




Yelp was my best friend during my trip. I had nothing else to do in the morning so I decided to search for breakfast places around my area. This restaurant in West Hollywood was one of the two that I was debating on going. Once I arrived at the restaurant, I knew it was the better choice. The place is called FOODLAB (7253 Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90046). Got there at around 7:30AM but with my luck, they don't serve breakfast until 8AM. Let's just say I was such an early bird - which I'm usually not but.. time difference! ;p I ordered my coffee of course and took photos of the place.



They had the prettiest set up and their back patio was adorable! Lights everywhere. And look at that back entry way! It was like I was in fairyland or something. Also, love the sunflowers on each table.



Finally it was time to eat. I ordered the "Paris Ham and Gruyere Croissant with Mustards & Tapenade." It was absolutely delicious. I have no shame anymore when it comes to taking food photos. What boosted my confidence was the lack of customers that morning so no one can judge me.



After breakfast, I walked back to the apartment and got ready to REALLY start my day. My next stop was the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA, for short). The main reason why I wanted to check it out was to take a shot of this art installation at the front entrance.




I must've spent at least three hours at the museum. Definitely underestimated my time there. What confused me was there are I think five separate buildings for each exhibition. I kind of spent way more time on the first two that I went to because I didn't know where the other ones were.  Nonetheless, it was an amazing experience. It was my first time visiting a museum by myself.



Then it was time to leave and meet Roxana of Rocks Fashion Blog for lunch. We went to this place called Zinc Cafe & Market (580 Mateo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013). Again, was in love with their patio outside! I have no idea why I didn't take photo of the cafe. Apparently, this cafe is a hot spot for bloggers like Chriselle Lim and Wendy Nguyen. Didn't see anyone famous unfortunately. I ordered the "Eggplant Parmesanand Roxana had their "Macaroni and Cheese."




Just before heading home, I decided to take a hike (not really) up to the Griffith Observatory. I thought I wasn't gonna see the sunset because of traffic. Thankfully, luck was on my side and I made it right on time. It was such a breathtaking view and I have no other words to describe it. Simply amazing.







Once the moon had settled in the sky, it was my cue to go back. I thought that would be the end of my second day in LA. Obviously I spoke too soon. I was in bed transferring photos onto my computer and I received a text about this "Churro Ice Cream Sandwich" casually hanging out at Happy Days Cafe (14552 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA 91403). I've never been a fan of ice cream to be honest but once churros are in the picture, it's definitely a green light. I HAD TO TRY IT OUT. And it didn't disappoint.


To read about what I did on my first day in LA, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment