05 April 2016

FAVOURITES | Toronto Fashion Week Day 1


It's that time of the season. Now called Toronto Fashion Week (or simply TFW) was back at David Pecaut Square. This is the third time they've changed the name within five years, but that doesn't matter really. The first day of Toronto Fashion Week came out as a bang with Mikhael Kale as the opening show. Honestly, this designer never disappoints and always leaves a mark on the runway.


And when I say "leaves a mark on the runway," I literally meant it. If you're not living out of a shell, you've probably heard or seen on the news a major mishap that happened. Models were slipping and falling. Blame it on the coffee spill right before the show started! Nonetheless, the collection was stunning.

Another designer I'll be highlighting is Christopher Paunil. I got the chance to work with some of his past collections in building my portfolio as a stylist. Such a sweet and amazing guy. That's why I was so excited when I heard he'll be back on the runway at TFW! I've never actually seen any of his designs on the runway. It was when I volunteered at the Toronto Fashion Incubator a few years back that I discovered the amazing duo (Hey, let's not forget about Jordan Chalom behind the name). Since then, I started to love the brand.








Photography by: Michael Alves

No comments:

Post a Comment