19 November 2014

REVIEW | Doll Face Spa



I was invited to sample the services at Doll Face Spa by Melissa from Charming Media and opted to try their Advanced Facial. This treatment is for clients that are looking for that much-needed relaxation. It covers everything from the basic facial treatment, including pore extraction, as well as a facial mask and a collagen-boosting massage. This treatment requires a well-deserved break of 60-minutes.

My appointment was at 12:30pm and I arrived a little bit early. As I sat in the waiting room, the girl by the desk warmly greeted me and engaged in a conversation. (If you're reading this, I'm so sorry I forgot your name! I am so bad at this haha) So after a few minutes, Florence, my aesthetician, ushered me into a private room and left me to change into a spa robe. I immediately noticed the serenity of the room because of the calming music she played in the background.


Once Florence returned, I lay down on the treatment bed and she examined my face for areas of concern. She said I have healthy skin with some dryness on my forehead area. Florence used products that would moisturize my skin and recommended for me to exfoliate more often to get rid of dead skin cells. Oh, Doll Face Spa uses only Dermalogica skin care products. I never leave the house without a bit of makeup on, but this day was an exception because it's gonna be taken of anyway. I did my eyebrows though of course.

She began to cleanse my face with a foaming cleanser and then applied an exfoliator with papaya enzymes. Once my face was clean, she applied steam to my face to open my pores. I didn't know what was going on at first because all I feel was hot air on my face. Florence gave me a neck and shoulder massage which was very relaxing and made me want to sleep.

Time for extractions! Florence jokingly refers to this as "torture." Due to the fact that this was the painful part of the treatment. Honestly, it wasn't painful when she was extraction pored on my forehead. While she was doing my nose, however, that really hurt me. I was almost sweating and tearing up! After the extractions, she applied a calming mist solution to close my pores. She then massaged my face in order to increase my skin's collagen level. Next, she applied a facial mask and left it for about 10 minutes. She again left the room and I was very relaxed that I was actually falling asleep. After removing the mask, she applied a moisturizer that will provide my skin with rich antioxidants.



After the treatment was done, Florence asked me if I wanted to take photos of the room. How can I say no to that? She was very sweet by arranging the room to look like what it was at the beginning. I wanted to take photos of the whole place but there were a few customers already. So I didn't. This was the very first opportunity where I was contacted to try a spa's services. It actually had gotten quite awkward as I had no idea what to say or do. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

"Located in uptown Toronto, Doll Face Spa has been offering professional and exceptional beauty treatments to clients for more than two years. Founded by two childhood friends, Doll Face caters to women (and men) who believe in treating themselves to life's little pleasures. Offering a wide range of services, from custom eyelash extensions to breakthrough skin treatments - such as the Venus Freeze - Doll Face is the perfect place to put your feet up and relax in the comfort of friends."

Visit their website:

143 Sheppard Ave. W
Toronto, ON M2N 1M7

Tel: (647) 350 - 3655

Hours:
Sun & Mon - CLOSED
Tues & Wed - 11am to 7pm
Thurs & Fri - 11am to 8pm
Sat - 10:30am to 5pm

3 comments:

  1. Doll Face Spa is best and very very best but my favorite Short Hairstyles Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will assure you that no extra or additional hair will be lost in any circumstances except the area on which the wax is applied. Wax center in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing..
    Short Hairstyles Mississauga

    ReplyDelete