04 July 2015

PHOTO DIARY | NYC Day 5



Happy 4th of July to my American friends! And what better way to celebrate this day than to post my last day in New York. It's kind of sad but hey, I will be back. Don't know when. Someday. Anyway, our fifth day was bittersweet. I woke up super early to pack my things so everything's ready to go.

We were suppose to head to the Empire State Building right when it opens at 8am, but as per usual that means two hours later. We did get there pretty early still and probably stayed for an hour or so. There was no line going up and wasn't too crowded yet. Which was good. Up we go to the 82nd floor. I definitely felt like I was on top of the world. Seeing all of Manhattan made me tear up a bit on the inside. I couldn't believe we will be leaving this place very, very soon. And I meant soon like less than 12 hours.





It was crazy. I felt overwhelmed by the fact that New York is such an amazing city. There were moments that I wished I lived there. Like I was already part of it. Like I belong. But then I realize I don't think I'll be able to keep up with this very fast-paced environment. Plus, Toronto is where my home is. Awwww..




Next on the agenda was The MET. Funny story, before heading here we decided to stop by a wine shop. We wanted to buy something for our hosts. A token of appreciation, as people would say, for letting us stay in their apartment. A bottle of wine was the appropriate gift we could think of. So then we went straight to the museum and they were doing bag checks at the door. The lady then asked what was in our bag and we said we have wine. She probably thought we were going to be drinking inside so she was like, "Okay just step aside and you can talk to the manager." We were going to ask if we can just leave it there while we're inside but we just decided to walk back to our place and drop it off. Make everything less complicated.




Once we were inside, of course I had to see the China: Through the Looking Glass exhibition. Everything was beyond amazing. I felt like I was in heaven. This was what I want. Beautiful pieces. Each and every piece was just spectacular. There are no words to describe it. I was in love.

After seeing all those clothes, we finally got a map of the museum and DAMN, it was massive. We didn't know what we were going into until we looked at the map. There was no way we would see everything within a two-hour time frame. I was very disappointed. Next time I will definitely spend a full day for the Met museum. Just one of the many reasons to fly again to New York, right? ;)






Read about my NYC adventures from the beginning. Here are Day 1Day 2, and Day 4 recaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment