27 May 2015

When they say wear all black...



Having a debut is one of my culture's traditions. Back in the Philippines, turning 18 is the year of transition to adulthood. To celebrate this, Filipinos usually throw a huge party for friends and family. I haven't gone to a Philippine debut in forever! You know, because my friends and I are past that age now haha So when we got invited to one I had no clue what to wear. I initially wanted to wear a one-piece jumpsuit and I found the perfect one. It didn't suit me properly though so I switched to a top and pant combo instead.

The invitation mentioned the attire must be all black but I decided to ignore the memo. I went for a black and white outfit with a few colours here and there. I knew wearing a bit of white wouldn't attract too much attention but not wearing a dress did. As I looked around the venue, I noticed I was the only young woman wearing a pant suit. Which made me feel so cool. Anyway, enough about my ego. For the longest time I couldn't decide what shoes to wear. I finally opted for this dark mustard, snakeskin print, pointed stilettos. Topped it off with mixed metal accessories, a baby blue bag, and a light grey light trench.





top Banana Republic | pant Topshop | trench coat Forever 21
necklace Forever 21 | bracelet Summer Charades | rings Aldo Accessories
shoes Zara | bag Rebecca Minkoff



2 comments:

  1. Online clothing has risen highly today and for this reason the competition can get wild for the customers. You should keep it in mind that you need to get your clothing deals at the best available price to be successful.

    ReplyDelete